Monday, 3 December 2012

New treatment

I made another treatment as I decided to change my story before I start my editing. My changes were not too big.

Working Title- 'My Identity?'

The main character is not comfortable in his body, he would like to change genders. However, because of this he is getting bullied at school. The end of the film is shown at the start.

The scene starts of with the protagonist in the bath.

A reverse clip is used to show how he got there. The reverse clip shows the character filling the bath tub up as an establishing shot of the bathroom is used. The character gets into the bath as it continues to rewind back to why he is in the bath. The bullying scenes are shot in the park and school.

The protagonist is in his room with his head down thinking about what to do as he just got bullied at school and in the park for wanting to be a girl. He walks towards his wardrobe and takes out a purple box with heels inside them, he looks at them. There is also a scene of him wearing makeup. After discussing with my friends I have decided to put in a shot where the main character is on a prayer mat asking for forgiveness, as he knows this is against his religion. 

A scene of him in the kitchen is shown as he opens the drawer and takes out a knife. He tries to slit his wrist but looks at all the marks of his previous cuts on his wrist and puts the knife back in the drawer and closes it. The next scene is in the bathroom as he is laying in the bath with his clothes on. He is laying under the water bleeding. This is where another shot of him is used getting out of the water coughing showing he is alive.

End scene.

After discussion I decided to have two endings where I let the viewers decide what will happen. My film is a raising awareness film so after every scene I will have words on the screen with facts about people wanting to change their gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment